Monday, May 3, 2010

Talk DERBY To Me

This t-shirt cracks me up every year! You have one don't you? If not, you want one! Go on admit it! Don't worry, I have a Gettin' Lucky in Kentucky t-shirt that I had to have from Urban Outfitters several years ago and I secretly love it! Well, in case you don't already know, I am a Kentucky girl (well sort of - originally a buckeye) and it is, well was, Derby time here! Can you define TRIFECTA? Well then, let me talk DERBY to you (he he). A trifecta is when you pick the top three horses in exact order. So, in honor of the Derby, I had my book club gals select their BOOK TRIFECTAS and here are their top picks. So, if you are looking for a good read, here you go:

Lori says:
1. Twilight by Stephanie Meyer
2. Meditations by Marcus Aurelius
3. The Lady Elizabeth by Alison Weir

Jan says you can't go wrong with:
1. Any book by Anita Shreve
2. On Agate Hill by Lee Smith
3. Anna Karenina by Leo Tolstoy

Denise would put her money on:
1. Coming Home by Mariah Stewart
2. To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee
3. The Glass Castle by Jeanette Walls

Joan would forget the trifecta and go for the win with:
The Notebook by Nicholas Sparks

Kim would bet on:
1. Grapes of Wrath by John Steinbeck
2. Here Be Dragons by Sharon Kay Penman
3. To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee

Joy would go with win or place on:
1. Beach House by Jane Green
2. The Associate by John Grisham

My picks are:
1. Clay's Quilt by Silas House
2. The Glass Castle by Jeanette Walls
3. Three Weeks With My Brother by Nicholas Sparks

And since my fav part of the Kentucky Derby is HATS, here are two fabulous Derby hat photos.





No comments: