Tuesday, March 2, 2010

My Book Club is Currently Reading...


From the cover:
On an icy winter night in an isolated house in rural Vermont, a seasoned midwife named Sibyl Danforth takes desperate measures to save a baby's life. She performs an emergency cesarean section on a mother she believes has died of stroke. But, what if Sibyl's patient wasn't dead - and Sibyl inadvertantly killed her?

I just started this book and so far so good. I think it's going to be one I don't want to put down. I also think it will spark some interesting discussion! The story is told from Sibyl's fourteen year old daughter's perspective, which is quite interesting.

Please join us this month!

1 comment:

3 Peanuts said...

I loved this book when our book club read it years ago!!! Thank you for your kind comment:)